- Overture to Le nozze di Figaro
- ‘Martern aller Arten’ from Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail
- Entr’actes from Thamos, Konig in Agypten
- ‘Vorrei spiegarvi, oh Dio’
- Maurerische Trauermusik
- Se il padre perdei’ from Idomeneo
- Symphony No. 31 in D major, ‘Paris’
- ‘No, che non sei capace’
- Richard Egarr
- Sumi Jo
Since a European debut which left Herbert von Karajan enthralled, Sumi Jo has been a global superstar – confirmed by celebrated performances at all the world’s great concert halls and appearances at the 2008 Olympic Games and 2002 Football World Cup.
Following a seven-concert tour of the Far East with the AAM, she joins the orchestra once again to perform arias reflecting Mozart’s truly international outlook, conjuring atmosphere from Greek myths to Turkish palaces. But it wasn’t only Mozart’s vocal music which brims with foreign flavour: the programme also features Viennese Masonic funeral music and the ‘Paris’ symphony, which bursts into life with the so-called ‘Mannheim rocket’.
6.30pm: Pre-concert talk with Richard Egarr