- Arioso from Cantata, BWV156
- Fantasy Pieces, Op.73 – Adagio
- Cello Sonata No.1 in E minor, Op.38
- Violin Sonata, transcr. D. Yablonsky for cello & piano
- Cello Sonata in D minor, Op.40
- Dmitry Yablonsky
- Farhad Badalbeyli
Acclaimed cellist and conductor Dmitry Yablonsky performs a special birthday recital, joined by pianist Farhad Badalbeyli. Bach’s famous Arioso from his Cantata, BWV156, is perfectly suited to the resonant, singing sonority of the cello, as is Schumann’s lyrical Adagio from his Fantasy Pieces, Op.73, originally written for clarinet and piano.
Yablonsky himself transcribed the striking Violin Sonata by Azerbaijani composer Azer Rzayev. Alongside these arrangements are two powerful sonatas for cello and piano by Brahms and Shostakovich, both works displaying the cello’s capacity for intense drama and heartfelt emotion.