- Academic Festival Overture
- Symphonic Metamorphosis of Themes by Carl Maria von Weber
- The Enchanted Lake
- Pictures at an Exhibition (arr. Ravel)
- Sebastian Skelly
- New composition to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s 90th birthday
- English Schools’ Orchestra
- Robert Pepper MBE
Once again the exciting young players of the English Schools’ Orchestra return to present their 22nd annual Gala Concert. The programme includes the world premiere of a new work to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s 90th birthday by the winner of the ESO Composing Competition 2016, Sebastian Skelly.
The programme of 19th- and 20th-century classics opens with a performance of Brahms’ joyful Academic Festival Overture which is followed by Hindemith’s Symphonic Metamorphosis of Themes by Weber.
The concert concludes with Lyadov’s atmospheric The Enchanted Lake tone poem, and Mussorgsky’s ever popular Pictures at an Exhibition in its most famous orchestration by the French master Ravel.