Programme to include:
- Hoffnung Festival Fanfare
- William Lawes
- Consort suite ‘for the violls’ a 6 (Sunrise)
- Suite from King Arthur
- Grounds for solo double-bass
- Hurdy-gurdy improvisations
- Symphony No. 82 in C major (The Bear)
- J.S. Bach
- Motet: O Jesu Christ, meins Lebens Licht, BWV 118
Join us for a fond celebration of this extraordinary and eccentric musician of many parts.
Francis Baines was a composer remembered best for his charismatic playing of the double-bass and the treble viol. He also played the hurdy-gurdy, pipe and tabor, bagpipes, rebec, shawm, psalter and pipe organ, to name but a few of his accomplishments.
Featuring Dame Emma Kirkby, Fretwork, Michael Chance, Sir Nicholas Kenyon, Andrew Parrott, Roy Goodman, The Hanover Band, Pavlo Beznosiuk, Alison Bury, Stephen Preston, Lisa Beznosiuk, Chi-chi Nwanoku MBE, and many other highly distinguished musicians who performed with Francis in the 80s.