- Concerto for strings & continuo in D major, RV 123
- Concerto per la Solennità di S. Lorenzo for violin, strings & continuo in F major, RV 286
- Motet In turbato mare irato for soprano, strings & continuo, RV 627
- Motet Sum in medio tempestatum for soprano, strings & continuo, RV 632
- Concerto Madrigalesco for strings & continuo in D minor, RV 129
- Concerto for violin, strings & continuo in G major, RV 307
- La Serenissima
- Mhairi Lawson
- Adrian Chandler
Formed in 1994, La Serenissima has now firmly established itself as one of the leading exponents of the music of Antonio Vivaldi and his Italian contemporaries.
For all Vivaldi claimed that he was unable to say Mass due to a chest ailment, he composed a prodigious amount of instrumental and vocal music to be used during church services. This programme celebrates this side of our composer: concertos with and without soloist stand alongside the two most virtuosic of Vivaldi’s motets both inspired by tempestuous seas.
Nearly the entire repertoire of La Serenissima is edited by Director Adrian Chandler from manuscript or contemporary printed sources, a testament to its commitment and passion for rare and exciting Italian music which makes it unique amongst other baroque ensembles.
NB. Please note start time.