Eminent lecturers speak about Britten operas during this intensive study day, accompanied by opera singers from the Royal Northern College of Music.
Masterclass & Co. and the renowned conservatoire, the Royal Northern College of Music, offer a series of carefully constructed courses which will immerse you in different aspects of that powerful and passionate art form, Opera. Eminent lecturers and opera singers led by former Classic FM presenter, Mel Cooper and opera composer Professor Jean-Philippe Calvin will guide you through the history and the music.
Whether you are a novice or a connoisseur this is a unique opportunity to study the world of opera with specialist lectures illustrated by RNCM opera singers. An international opera star will work with young singers in a masterclass which will highlight the training of the operatic voice, authentic performance and vocal technique. But don’t worry, you will not be expected to sing!
Aims of the course:
- To make attending opera an informed pleasure
- To promote sound methods for analysing operatic performance
- To improve listening skills
- To develop background knowledge of the works, the lives and times of the composers
- To demonstrate the vocal technique of the operatic voice
- Concert Duration:
- the Study Day finishes approximately 4.15pm.