- Concerto in D major for String Orchestra
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in C, Op. 15
- Rondo for Piano and Orchestra in D, K. 382
- Symphony No. 38 in D, K. 504 (Prague)
- English Chamber Orchestra
- Behzod Abduraimov
- Stephanie Gonley
Described as ‘a pianist who has it all’, Uzbekistan-born Behzod Abduraimov continues his relationship with the ECO in this season finale and performs Beethoven’s First Piano Concerto, a work full of youthful energy that gives an unmistakable nod to Mozart. And it is Beethoven’s hero, Mozart, who dominates the rest of the programme with his fascinating Rondo in D and his Symphony No. 38, ‘Prague’.
The orchestra also performs Stravinsky’s Concerto in D for string orchestra, one of his last tonal works and his first European commission after moving to America, under the direction of the ECO’s leader Stephanie Gonley.