- Concerto grosso Op. 6 No. 8 (Christmas Concerto)
- Trumpet Concerto, D. 53
- J.S. Bach
- Orchestral Suite No. 3
- Concerto grosso No. 12 after Corelli’s ‘La folia’
- Oboe Concerto, Op. 7 No. 3 (arr. for trumpet)
- Concerto for Three Violins (arr. for trumpets)
- Overture to The Occasional Oratorio
- Alison Balsom
Alison Balsom is one of those artists who transcends musical boundaries. She also has a keen appetite for exploration and, though the repertoire for the trumpet is not exactly lavish, that certainly doesn’t hold her back. In her inimitable way she has begged, borrowed and stolen music for tonight’s concert, in which she plays and directs, including a vibrant oboe concerto by Albinoni and a triple violin concerto by that irrepressible master of the genre, Vivaldi. And who worries about a little light-fingered behaviour when the results are so scintillating? This concert looks set to be the ultimate winter warmer.
Concert supported by The David and Claudia Harding Foundation.