- British Imperial Orchestra
- Vasiliy Gerello
- baritone (Mariinsky Opera, St Petersburg)
- Larisa Gergiev
- piano (National Artist of Russia, Chair of the Judges, St Petersburg)
- Larisa Rudakova
- soprano (Bolshoi Opera, Moscow)
- Aigul Akhmetshina
- mezzo-soprano (Royal Opera House)
- Evgeniy Kungurov
- baritone (National Opera soloist; presenter of Cultura TV, Moscow)
- and others tba
- Graham O. Jones MBE
Dedicated to Dmitri Hvorostovsky and Elena Obraztsova.
Star guest performers – soloists from the Royal Opera House, Mariinsky Opera, St Petersburg, the Bolshoi, Moscow – sing popular Russian and English arias, songs, and romances by famous composers, as well as classical folk songs, in this delightful show for music lovers.
The genres in the Finale of the Ninth International Russian Song Festival and Contest, UK are: Classical, Romance Song, Folk, and Best 20th-century.
Programme for the evening:
1) Opening Ceremony (including fantastic guest performances, a video tribute to the great Russian singers Dmitri Hvorostovsky & Elena Obvaztsova, and an exhibition of photos)
2) Over 30 of the best international, Russian and English arias, romances and songs performed by the competition’s international finalists
3) Winners’ Awards Ceremony
All proceeds will go to charity.
- Concert Duration:
- approx. 4½ hours (incl. interval)